Monday, June 28, 2010

Numbers are Your Friend

Since elementary school I have been intrigued by math and numbers.Threw out all of my years of school there has always been one question that I haven’t been able to find the answer to. I have asked many teachers but none of them seemed to be able to give me the explanation I was looking for. The question I would like to explore is what are the origins of the number system we use today? I would also like to know more information about the people who came up with the mathematics we use today, such as algebra. I would also like to explore the history of mathematics, where did it all start?

In this blog I will explore the origins of the current number system along with the history of mathematics and numbers. During my research I hope to find a lot of interesting facts about math and numbers which will help people better understand the world of numbers. Math plays an integral part in the way we live our lives, from computers to buying a new car. Numbers and math are everywhere, whether it makes you cringe or not. Every piece of information that can be discovered about the world around us can help us live in it more effectively. Hopefully my blog will help people better understand the world of mathematics and where exactly the craziness came from.

No comments:

Post a Comment